Tuesday, July 31, 2012

5 alternative healing MUST HAVES

I get overwhelmed lots of times with the amount of 'alternative' therapies there are out there to try.  But here are 5 that I have tried and can vouch for.
  1. Apple Cider Vinegar -     A couple of years ago I had gotten plantars warts on my foot.  Needless to say, I thought they we're callouses so I buffed them, only to spread them to cover the entire ball of my foot and my middle finger.  After $800 in dermatologist payments (I had good insurance at the time), 6 months, and lots of freeze, cut, freeze, cut...PAIN, the warts persisted.  The derm recommended localized chemo injections.  I declined.  I tried banana peels, duct tape, potato... you name it.  Then I discovered online - apple cider vinegar kills warts.  So I tried it.  Soaked a cotton ball, put it on with bandage, changed every 24 hours.  In about 3 weeks all the warts were gone.  Just a warning, although this didn't happen to my friend, it burned like HELL for about 3 days.  Not just burned, but throbbed  from my foot to my knee, and my finger to my wrist.  Ow! - But yes, apple cider vinegar killed the shit out of the warts.  My son had a stubborn one on his face - that eggplant managed to get down a little, but not all the way.  Apple cider vinegar-ed it for about 10 days - gone.
     ACV for ovarian cysts - now this is something I just starting.  I've been having intense, waxing and waning, chronic pain in my right side.  An ultrasound today revealed a "dominant follicle."  I am following up with a gyne next week to further discuss.  But, my understanding is that it is a type of cyst.  Needless to say - I have been, over the last several days, drinking 1 tblspn of ACV in water 3-4 times a day - and as crazy as it sounds it's actually reduced the pain.  I'm hoping that it helps completely resolve it.  But in the meantime, having some pain relief is a welcomed respite.  

  2. Probiotics -     I'm not that old, but old enough to have some joint pain. Mainly in my elbows, wrists - probably from computer working.  If I take 1 packet of VSL a day for about 5-10 days the pain will disappear.  I do this as needed.  Rock on - very expensive, but well worth it

  3. Garlic Pills -       Now, I would not have discovered this had I not had MRSA.  And I must confess - for me the garlic pills did not attack the MRSA - not even the super expensive Allicin.  But what I noticed while on the garlic pills was that my digestion improved.  I still continue digestive enzymes - but I found that I can now skip digestive enzymes and digest food without them.  Which for me is huge.  At my high point - I was taking 2 garlique pills with each meal.

  4. DMSO  -       Prior to receiving my the Bu Zhong Yi Qi Tang and vitamin C, I used one last doxycycline dissolved in a tiny amount of DMSO to eradicate a  budding boil on my face.  3 days of saturating the boil in the making with the mixture - and it was gone.  Way less meds than orally - although without the systemic effects.

  5. Vitamin C -     I really can't sing the praises of vitamin C enough.  We do use the lypospheric stuff around my home - for now -  until I can squeeze enough time from my already stretched schedule to make our own encapsulated vit C in an ultrasonic cleaner.  But for now we have used it to clear a nasty flu, nasal congestion, asthma cough, and keep bacteria at bay.  Although I am breakout free, I will get little pimples occasionally on my nose if I skip lypo C for a couple days - I suspect these to be MRSA.  1 gram of lypo C a day keeps me breakout free.   I am contemplating experimenting with upping my dose to 2-4 grams daily for a week or so and then cutting it off to see if I can just knock the MRSA out of me totally.  But I have not yet done so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment