Saturday, August 25, 2012

MRSA and Vitamin C

This entry is the responses that I posted to a question

Can lypospheric vitamin C help with MRSA?

Janice
I just read your post on my blog – and absolutely I do think that the lypospheric vitamin C will help with MRSA. It did for me. As you know, I had MRSA on my face – and the doctors told me that I had a 50% chance of a recurrence. In fact, it seems it is very common to get the MRSA over and over again. My face is clear – although if I stop the lypo – I get new pimples. I think I have to do a 3-6 gram regimen to completely clear it. But I have not yet.

Look at the Levy book – Curing the Incurable. He is the doc who is behind the lypo stuff. I swear by it. It is very expensive and when I get more time I plan on making my own – because from what I can tell if you are treating an infection – you could really take 3, 6, 10 plus – grams a day.

The theory behind the vitamin C – which is a Linus Pauling – is that most people in the developed world have sub-clinical scurvy – which reduces the immune systems ability to fight infection. And when you compare humans to all other animals – like a goat for example. A goat produces something like 10 grams (10,000 mg) of vitamin C when they are not under stress or illness. And the RDA for humans is 400mg (which is not enough in my opinion to help fight infection).

In my opinion – and my experiences – when my 6 year old son had a flu that after 7 days spiked a fever of 102 and really rich cough I gave him 6 grams (6,000 mg) of vitamin C (it was Saturday and we were trying to buy time until pediatrician opened on Monday) for about 2-3 days. Actually at the end of the first day – about 18 hours into it, he was already turning a corner and getting over the illness – the cough was down significantly, apetite returned, fever broke… By Monday – he was fine and we did not go to the doc. I split – 3 grams of lypo and 3 grams of ascorbic acid (the aa I administered as 250 mg every 1/2 to hour) in between the lypo. Lypo I gave every 3-4 hours. In about 2 days, he was back on his feet. I tapered about 1 gram every 2 days. He is on maintenance of 1 gram a day of lypo. I am on 1 gram of lypo a day – but if I miss I get break out starting on my face – as I mentioned. I probably need to do a week or so of 3-6 grams a day to knock this out of my system. I am probably just keeping it at bay.

In my opinion – I would order several boxes of the lypo. Call the company, but I believe Dr Levy recommends 1 gram per year beyond 1 year of age. But call them to confirm. Then try giving that maximum dose. My sense is you will see a phenomenal difference – within 24-48 hours. And then, after things level off – I would try to read up and be prepared to make your own. Because the lypo stuff is basically $1/gram. So it gets pricey. I order on Amazon from a vendor that I have called the company to verify is an approved reseller. Or you may find it cheaper directly from the company.

I am not a doc – only a mom sharing – but we have seen such amazing results – I am super confident you will too – and it is so rapid. There are studies with vitamin C and kids with hyper-IGE – but bear in mind some of these studies were administering 500 mg – again, right medicine, way too low dose – in my opinion. I have given my son 500mg of vitamin C and seen no results. The lypo stuff is the most powerful. Plus I always think in grams now – how many grams until I see a turn around.

My next goal is to make my own. Sorry for rambling. Please let me know what results you see if you do this.

Good luck – I am rooting for you and Moses and your husband. In my opinion this can help boost his immune system significantly.

Denise

Denise said:   
August 25, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Also, FYI – primates, humans, fruit bats, and guinea pigs – do not produce their own vitamin C. Every other animal does at levels – 20 plus times higher than RDA for humans. In fact, Linus Pauling said in one of his speeches – the RDA for chimps in labs exponentially higher than the RDA for humans. The reason – if you are doing your work and spending money on lab chimps – you want to keep them healthy and alive for the duration of your work.

Denise said:   
August 25, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Janice – One more thing – if you can find a doctor who would administer intravenous vitamin C. That too can be a most miraculous turnaround. But that is very challenging to find.
Denise


Update as of Sept 3
Janice informed me that her son has G6PD deficiency - and so for him high dose vitamin C can cause hemolytic anemia.  Therefore it is contraindicated.  I will try and find other suggestions for her to use in her arsenal against MRSA  - but at this juncture vitamin C is a no-go - sadly.

I write this to affirm that it you always need to do your own research - and I am not a doctor, nor is my blog a substitute or attempt at medical advise.  I know this disclaimer sounds like I am distancing myself from what I write.  I am not.  I go back to my thought that we are all anecdotes - and as such we all need to do what will work best with our individual constitutions and situations.   

2 comments:

  1. I read a study that showed that certain types of clay (bentonite?)can kill MRSA. Some claim that it even cures food allergies when taken internally. Thought I would pass it on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. M-
    I love that you read studies. I am always perusing medical literature and studies way beyond my knowledge base. Can you send me a link to this study? I did try clay. For me, the challenge was that the MRSA was not on the top layer of my skin, it was in there somehow not accessible to anything topical, unless it was delivered via DMSO. For example, when I tried the doxy on my face, it did not make a difference at all. But dissolving the doxy in DMSO and applying that - and within 2 days a hugely noticeable difference.
    What that told me was that it was inside - and even though I put clay on my face and would even sleep with it on - it couldn't reach. Hence the vitamin C and getting it from the inside. I will definitely look back into the clay - to keep a list of MRSA fighting things. But thanks for the insight.

    ReplyDelete