Wednesday, September 7, 2011

MRSA

I presently have MRSA cellulitis on my face.  I thought it was acne, but it turned out to be more.  My best guess is that I have had an ongoing acne problem for the last 2 years.  I was seeing one herbalist for accupuncture and herbs.  He prescribed some herbs that I took to regulate my menstruation - well it worked.  My periods are pretty much to the day of 28 days apart.  But I got acne.  Started small, got big - but ultimately never quite cleared.  It would flare during my cycle but then go down.  Up and down, just like a teenage boy minus the sex drive and energy.  I had this, now I recognize as destructive, habit of picking at my face.  This past May I went into the hospital for ankle surgery and three days later had what I thought was a sebaceous cyst.  Well after much ignoring and putting everything I could find on my face that I thought would help - I landed here - 3 months later with a pretty bad looking infection along my right jawline and cheek.  MRSA.

I feel like I have the plague.  Although the doctors seem very casual about it.  "Oh, yeah MRSA.  We see it all the time."  I've taken augmentin, clindomycin, and now doxycycline.  I'm 1 week into the doxy and there are some improvements, but not enough for my comfort.  So learn from my mistakes.  Here is what I've learned about my face and this MRSA that is trying to eat it.
1 - I can't put any sort of bandage on it without it growing.
2 - I burned my face with iodine that I was holding on my face until the pustules would pop and bleed.  Now I realize that the MRSA is actually second worst to the big scabs of blood that I have created.
3 - I put garlic on my face and I think burned it.  Not sure, but between the iodine and the garlic things got worse.  It is possible that I pushed too hard and actually spread the infection more.  Either way, I am still open to garlic, but I will try garlic baths first.   This supposedly will sent allicin (the component linked to garlic's potent antibacterial power) into your body through your pores.  You may smell like pizza but you won't look like it. 


Things I will be trying - or at least are things that I will explore to have in the aresenal of health - above and beyond MRSA.
1 - Blue light therapy.  On one of the MRSA forums, someone mentioned tanning studio time helped take away the MRSA episodes he experienced.  Also, there is a study that I'll post in my blue light write up.
2. Ozone Autohemotherapy - infusing withdrawn blood from the body with Ozone (O3) and then reinjecting.
3. Ozonated oils/creams.
4. Food grade hydrogen peroxide.
5. Ways to move above and beyond fortifying the immune system.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Denise: Thanks for visiting my blog, and sharing your healing journey with MRSA. We are (thankfully) MRSA-free at the moment, and my son didn't get it (thankfully). Have you heard of miracle mineral solution (MMS)? It might be worth consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Thank you for your post. I have heard about MMS, but haven't yet checked it out. I will. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete